Presenters are requested to send the electronic version of their presentation to secretariat@icec26-
icmc2016.org latest by 5th March, 2016 for convenience of hall management. Presentations must be submitted in Microsoft Power Point 2010 or PDF format with ppt or pptx or PDF extension. It is also requested to name the presentation file according to presentation ID (e.g if ID is 9-O-3A-IT-7 the file name should be is 9-O-3A-IT-7.ppt or pptx or pdf.).
All presentations will be uploaded to the ICEC26-ICMC2016 website. If any presenter is unable to send by 5th March, is requested to upload the file in the Preview Room at least one (1) day advance
prior to their scheduled presentation.
Arrive a few minutes before the session and introduce yourself to the session Chair before the start of the session. There will be no rescheduling of papers within an oral session to accommodate absences or cancellations, so the time assigned to each oral presentation is fixed.
1. Presentation Duration
Plenary Talk: 45 Minutes [ Presentation : 40 minutes + Question :5 minutes]
Invited Talk: 30 minutes [Presentation : 25 minutes + Question :5 minutes]
Contributed Talk: 15 minutes [Presentation : 12 minutes + Question :3 minutes]
2. Please make note of the following guideline: There should be 1.0-1.5 slides per minute for your presentation. This means that the expected number of slides for contributed oral presentations should be 8-12, for invited presentations should be 16-25, and for plenary talks should be 27-45, all depending on the density of information per slide.
3. ICEC26-ICMC 2016 will offer computerized projection facilities for oral presentations. Please read the following carefully to acquaint yourself with the specific procedures:-
a. Presenters need to submit the electronic version of their presentation at least one (1) day prior at the Preview Room at the conference venue. Files are reviewed, scanned for viruses and loaded onto the appropriate computers in the session rooms. Any alterations to submitted files will not be allowed. Presenter’s personal computers cannot be used.
b. Using removable media (USB drives) is prohibited on the computers in oral session rooms.
Saving data to and from them is not possible.
c. Files transferred to the session computers cannot be copied by anyone and will be deleted after the session. Anyone wishing to receive a copy of the slides should contact the presenter, not ICEC26-ICMC2016 organizer.
d. Presentations must be submitted in Microsoft Power Point 2010 or PDF format with ppt,
pptx, and PDF extension. For compatibility reasons, it is strongly recommended that
presenters use common fonts in their Power Point presentations. Acceptable media include
CD and USB flash drive.
e. You may want to bring an additional electronic copy for added security against
unanticipated software/ hardware anomalies.
f. All session rooms are equipped with a LCD projector, computer, microphones, laser pointer,
timer and screen. The laptops in the oral session rooms are not equipped to accommodate
g. Macintosh computers will NOT be available in any of the session rooms. Authors using a
Macintosh must ensure their presentations operate correctly using Microsoft Office 2010 or
Adobe Acrobat in the Windows environment.
4. Authors are strongly encouraged to:
• Consider font embedding to ensure that characters display properly
• Bring a duplicate copy of their presentation in electronic format
• Ensure that all font sizes are large enough to be read from the back of the room
• Ensure that line widths are thick enough to be seen from the back of the room
• Ensure that color choices provide high contrast.
5. Nomenclature of Contributory Oral Talk
6. Nomenclature of Invited Talk
7. Nomenclature of Halls
Hall-A: Zorawar Auditorium
Hall-B: Ashoka Auditorium
Hall-C: Taber Hall
The Preview Room to load the presentations will be located next to Zorawar Hall and its hours of operation are as follows:
Monday, March 07, 2016 04:00 p.m. – 07:00 p.m.
Tuesday, March 08, 2016 07:00 a.m. – 05:30 p.m.
Wednesday, March 09, 2016 07:00 a.m. – 05:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 10, 2016 07:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.